I needed to post something positive after being glued to the TV all day and following the events in Newtown.
At the end of November, Homesick and Heartstruck nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I mistakenly filed the notification email and feel guilty about not saying a very tremendous THANK YOU!! When fellow bloggers recognize your words as having affected them in a positive way, it is inspiring to feel that your words truly do matter.
The rules of the award are to dispel seven myths about myself and nominate fifteen other bloggers for this award. I’m not sure if there are seven show-stopping bits of drivel that won’t send you running in another direction, so I will save you the ocular discomfort of having to read them. As for nominating only fifteen bloggers for this same honor, I can’t choose only fifteen. Without sounding completely trite, all of the bloggers I follow inspire me in some way. Your comments keep me motivated, your likes cause me to smile and the words in your posts make me laugh, make me cry, but most of all they make me think. I find you all very inspiring and hope that you will post the award on your side bars!!
Recently Angie at Angie’s Grapevine nominated me for The Blog of The Year for 2012. Another honor which I greatly appreciate. It is always humbling being recognized by fellow writers for just doing something I have a passion for. Some other blogs that fuel that same passion in me that I would like to recognize are:
Angie’s Grapevine – she strives to post every day and is very encouraging with her comments
Dianne Gray – I would like to have her brain in my head
onthehomefrontandbeyond – thought-provoking reflections on life
Homesick and Heartstruck – poignant stories of struggling so far from home
Honie Briggs – keeping the blogging world amused and connected
Teeny Bikini – always amusing, I love to laugh
(And though I know some of you listed above no longer accept awards, I wanted you to know that your words inspire me!!)
Congratulations! on being chosen for the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award!
The ‘rules’ for this award are simple:
- Select another blog or other blogs who deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award;
- Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award;
- Include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award at the Thought Palette and provide these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
- Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
- You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
- As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different! When you begin you will receive the ‘1 star’ award – and every time you are given the award by another blog – you can add another star!
There are a total of 6 stars to collect. Which means that you can check out your favorite blogs – and even if they have already been given the award by someone else – you can still bestow it on them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars!
Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Badges – there are six badges for you to collect – you can either ‘swap’ your badge for the next one each time you are given the award – or even proudly display all six badges if you are lucky enough to be presented with the award six times!
Thank you for the shout-outs and I hope we can all continue to inspire each other!!