My friend, and fellow blogger Angie’s Grapevine has nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger award. What a touching gesture and one that does not come without a great outpouring of thanks. It means a lot that she thinks so highly of my musings.
The abiding rules for the nomination are as follows:
Beautiful Blogger Award Rules:
The idea behind the Beautiful Blogger Award is to recognize some of the bloggers we follow for their hard work and inspiration.
1. Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and place it in your post. (Done)
2. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. (Done, and thank you again!!)
3. Tell 7 things about yourself. (Yikes)
4. Nominate 7 other bloggers for their own Beautiful Blogger Award, and comment on their blogs to let them know (Hmmmm……)
7 Things about myself…….what to reveal, what to reveal…..
1) My Grade 6 teacher sparked my love for writing by asking us to write poetry for our English Class. (Thanks Mr. Stimson!!)
2) My creative path took a detour into a foray with wedding cakes and novelty birthday cakes for a few years.
3) I’ve designed a house that I would like to build with a “widow’s peak” for my writing room. (Lotto Max….don’t fail me now)
4) I am an avid NFL fan and run a not-so-small football pool.
5) I am a true Canadian and curl in the winter.
6) I am currently writing my first article for a local magazine and am beyond excited.
7) I am a big fan of the “pay-it-forward” movement…..so here are the seven bloggers I nominate. (I’ve read some reactions to people’s nominations and they feel this is like a chain letter, but if someone takes the time to recognize your efforts, what is the harm in giving them, and seven others a shout out for their efforts??)
It’s not always about the accolades, but the journey to find ourselves. Thank you all for spurring me on to continue mine!! Each of the bloggers I have encountered have given me things to think about – may we all continue our journey and find strength and humor in each other.