The Daily Prompt asks this question today:
Does a messy home (or office) make you anxious and cranky, or is cleaning something you just do before company comes over?
(image credit: accentondesign.net)
The items on my coffee table do not have to be positioned at precise angles at varying degrees, but things do have a certain place in my house. I am not fanatical about cleaning, but I am stringent about being organized. I don’t get many surprise visitors because I live in a very rural area, but if people drove off the beaten path and arrived at my home, I would not be frantically searching for the Swiffer or tossing newspapers or wrappers under the couch cushions.
The same goes for my desk at work. Sure there are piles of paper and file folders, but they are organized piles that I strategically am able to work through because everything has its place.
Having said that, the entrance way into my house could potentially negate anything I’ve mentioned about seeming organized, but that will be rectified soon. My entrance way is the only spot for me to store my patio cushions and other outdoor items that are longing to be freed from their winter incarceration. It’s nothing close to being a Hoarder’s episode, but it does make me a bit anxious when I see everything piled in one spot. Hazmat suits are not required, but until I win the lottery I will have to deal with the negative aspects of living in a house that is only 650 square feet. At least the rest of it is organized!
Here is what some others had to say:
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- Ilya Fostiy. Basement | Philosophy & Photography
- 31 Daily Prompt: Odd Couple | Family Photos Food & Craft
- When it comes to cleaning, no one tell the OCD self, thanks… | thoughtsofrkh
- Odd Couple – I’m Afraid Of The Dark
- Daily Prompt: Odd Couple « Mama Bear Musings
- Daily Prompt: Odd Couple | The Gozum Show
- Squeaky Clean? | Stuphblog
- Display Duality | Daily Prompt: Odd Couple | likereadingontrains
- What Would You Do If Lucifer Visited Your Home? | The Jittery Goat
- All Things | paul scribbles
- Daily Prompt: Odd Couple | szantoanna76
- A messy definition | Spunky Wayfarer
- Cleaning and Company | The Nameless One
- DP – Odd Couple | Life With Pink Princesses
- Albert is on my Side « Fly for Icarus
- Daily Prompt: Odd Couple | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss