The alchemy of her feelings had changed drastically and she did not know why. She had felt rage, had felt cheated out of a big part of her life, but now felt nothing but a growing sense of peace and understanding. The illness had finally caught up with her and she could no longer pretend everything was going to be alright. When her time eventually did come, she could face her family with honesty and say she led a good life. She would never give up but she now had to face the new reality of her limitations. With fire in her eyes, she was determined to outlive them all, just for spite.
This post was written for the Trifecta challenge and is written for my mom who is currently in hospital. I hope she beats the odds and proves us all wrong.
- Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
- You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
- The word itself needs to be included in your response.
- You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
- Only one entry per writer.
- If you know your post does not meet the requirements of the challenge, please leave your link in the comments section, not in the linkz.
- Trifecta is open to everyone. Please join us.